The goal of this clinic is to assist the community in castrating stallions with no breeding future, especially for those owners who are currently financially challenged. Our charge of $50 per horse covers only a portion of our cost for medications and materials needed for each surgery. The castration clinic will be held at ECO on Friday October 5, 2018.
Requirements for each stallion:
- Must be vaccinated for rabies within the last 12 months (October 5, 2017 – October 5, 2018). Proof of vaccination is required.
- Must have a current Coggins (October 5, 2017 – October 5, 2018)
- Must be easily haltered and led
- Both testicles must be descended and palpable
- Must have their own transport to and from the clinic on October 5, 2018. Horses will be dropped off the day of the clinic in shifts and picked up the same day. If this is not convenient, other arrangements can be made in advance.
If you are interested, please fill out the attached application. Applications may be mailed to The Equine Clinic at OakenCroft, 880 Bridge St, Ravena, NY 12143 (must be postmarked no later than September 19, 2018) or emailed to email@example.com and received by close of business on September 19, 2018. A copy of the Coggins and proof of rabies must accompany the application. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Applicants will be notified of acceptance by phone on or before September 26, 2018. Accepted applicants must confirm their slot by calling 518-767-2906 before 4 pm on October 2, 2018. Failure to do so will result in the slot being given to someone else.